This position requires a charismatic guest orientated sales person with great attention to detail and passion for wine, to assist the Hotel Sommelier to manage and control the wine selection, storage, sales and training for the Hotel.
Minimum Experience or Qualification:
- Must have at least 1 years’ experience in food and beverage service
- A proven interest and passion in wine
- Good command of the English Language
- Highly presentable
- Able to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays
Key Performance Objectives:
- To maximise revenue generating opportunities, whilst enhancing the guest service experience, through upselling, staff training and briefings.
- To keep abreast of wine industry innovations, trends, new supplier and products at all times
- To assist the Hotel Sommelier to:
- Track and report on sales trends to the Food and Beverage Management Team
- Ensure regular and continuous wine training and education for the whole food and beverage team
- Ensure the winelist is updated three times a year within parameters and deadlines set by the Food and Beverage Manager and maintained within company guidelines
- Ensure the vinoteque is stocked in accordance with par levels and function sheet requirements
- Ensure that all stock movements are consistently updated on F’nBShop as well as ensure accurate stock take and control measures are in place and adhered to at all times
- Ensure that all correspondence with suppliers, guests and other departments are dealt with in a 24 hour turnaround time.
- Basic salary
- Portion of tips
- Pension Fund
- Medical aid option
- Staff Transport
Should this be of interest please apply by sending your CV to Robyn Eksteen, Human Resources Administrator at email@example.com