Salary: R8,000 – R12,000 (negotiable)
Start Date: As soon as possible
The Sommelier provides a service to the lodges in terms of wine presentation and service as well as wine sales. The sommelier is responsible to the lodge premier wine direct (LPWD) manager for these.
The main purpose of the sommelier is to directly assist the LPWD Manager and Lodge Managers with all sommelier duties and related matters in respect of guest service in the lodges. This includes wine tasting presentations, meal wine service, guest wine sales, maintenance and appearance of lodge cellars and stock levels.
Finally, the sommelier takes on the role of LPWD manager when he/she is not on the property. The LPWD manager must provide the sommelier with a full handover before departing from the property and the sommelier must provide the LPWD manager with a full handover on his/her return.
This position is accountable to the Lodge Manager.
Scope of work:
In broad terms the sommelier oversees the following key performance areas:
- Offer the finest wine related service to lodge guests
- Encourage and expedite wine and related sales to guests
- Assist lodges in maintaining stock levels and appearance of their wine cellars
- Effective stock control and storage of stock
- Presentation of an accurate daily wine list for guests
- Assist with training all staff in terms of wine and wine service
- Assist with the financial success of LPWD
- Achieve service excellence through teamwork
As such the person filling this position needs to have:
- A passion for wine
- Completed or be studying the Diploma Cape Wine Academy course
- An ability to interact with guests at all levels
- Strong sales ability
- Strong attention to administrative detail
- An ability to work on his/her own
- A developmental approach to staff
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org